Old 06-09-2004, 05:26 PM
S. M. Henning

"Dave Gower" wrote:

My question is, how long will it take until they have viable root systems
and I can transplant them into the yard?

This varies because of many thing including the time of day the cuttings
were taken and how they were handled after they were cut. The standard
procedure is to tug on one or two every week and see if there is any
resistance which indicates it is rooting. Wait until you get a good
root mass before transplanting. You don't need a large root mass, just
a lot of very small short roots. You don't want the roots to get
tangled with their neighbors roots.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman