Old 06-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Victoria Clare

Rod wrote in
:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:36:50 GMT, Nigel M wrote:

No! It is not an alligator saw. It is a top handled chainsaw. The public
can't normally buy them, but I wondered if anyone knew a stockist.

I think I'm wasting my (and your) time in this group, sorry.

I could name a few but you're wasting your time, no one will sell you
one unless they know you've been properly trained to use them.

I'm intrigued now. Why is this one handed chainsaw so much more dangerous
than an ordinary one?

Nigel's original question was prompted by thinking the tool looked *safer*
than a standard chainsaw, and those seem to be widely available to the
general public - I'm now wondering what this one does differently.

(I have not forgotten your short lecture on 'Why You Should Always Wear
Chainmail Trousers (with special attention to Things That Could Happen When
The Chain Comes Off)'!)

Victoria Clare