Old 07-09-2004, 01:36 AM
Lar

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 13:29:42 GMT, "Gene Schurg"
wrote:

I have a banana "tree". Someone gave me a piece of one two years ago. I
grew it in the greenhouse for the winter and placed it outdoors in the
summer. It grew slowly until this summer and now it's 8 feet tall in a 12
inch clay pot. It's very exotic on the patio but now it's too large to fit
back into the greenhouse this winter.

It hasn't put out any small plants around the base yet or I'd just take one
and grow from there again.

With winter coming what do you recommend for me to do with this hugh beast?
I was thinking about putting it into the garage where it would winter over
with the geraniums and other half hardy perennials in pots.

You could go ahead and let it die back with the first freeze, maybe
protect the clay pot more so the rootball won't freeze, cut it back
then place the pot back in the green house and let it start over again
next Spring.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.