Old 07-09-2004, 01:40 AM
Mike Sousa

Beecrofter wrote:

The most common disease of stone fruits is called brown rot.
So if you were to web search "plum brown rot" and pick from the .edu
sites you would get all the information you want.
Control begins with sanitation, every last one of those mummified
fruit have to be removed from the tree and the ground.

Brown rot -- that's exactly what it has. I've cleaned out the tree and
grass surrounding the drip line. Learned some interesting stuff at:

http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/pp/ext...bp/stone.shtml

including the fact that my peach tree has Peach Leaf Curl; and here I am
thinking that those colorful hard leaves are decorative. Heh.

Thanks for the info!

-- Mike