Old 07-09-2004, 03:08 AM
Pam - gardengal

"Gary and Karen Manning" wrote in message
I would like to try grafting hydrangea on another root stock to make a
standard. What root stock can I use? Where can I purchase it

Thanks

Gary

Hydrangea grafting is uncommon - in fact, I have never heard of it. Most
tree forms are PeeGee's (paniculata 'Grandiflora' ) trained in that form
over time by careful pruning. I suppose you could attempt to graft other
hydrangea species to a paniculata rootstock, but it would still take the
same time and pruning techniques to develop into a tree form.

pam - gardengal