Old 07-09-2004, 07:01 AM
Lar

On 6 Sep 2004 19:42:12 -0700, (Dirk Puslich)
wrote:

1) It's been about 36 hours since the exterminator left. Have I seen
the worst of the bees inside? How long should it take for them to
die?

It can be hit or miss dealing with bees inside a wall. Ficam is very
effective treatment with bees, but if it didn't get to the heart of
the nest it may be possible for them to just abandon the area they
were using as an exit and exit somwhere else...sometimes the interior
of the house. Even if the nest will die out on the first application,
a number of the bees or in a protected cell turning into an adult...as
they emerge they may continue to be seen until they die...might last a
couple of weeks.

2) Is this a normal exterminator experience? I've spent $150 getting
some dust sprayed in the wall, and have had to contend with a bunch of
angry bees in my house, a ruined long weekend. Did I get the shaft?
What does someone have to do or pay to get something done right?

The surest way to know you got to the nest would be to have the wall
opened up and to remove/treat the nest. You may pay over $400 for
that...treating as you have done probably averages $100-$150, but if
he used Ficam D, he used what is most thought of being the best to use
in the PC industry and just treating by that method is probably the
more common way to treat.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.