Old 07-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Bill Oliver

In article ,
gregpresley wrote:
Bill, if you read the complete message that I wrote, you will see that
newspaper and television interviews of Austrians living in the Soviet sector
after WWII agree that they didn't ever see Soviet tanks in the
streets........but again, please don't let the facts interfere with your
opinions.....

I hate to tell you this, but there were 40,000 Soviet troops in
Austria until 1955. Stealth technology was not *nearly* as good
then as it is now, and nobody had invented invisible tanks at
that time.

I'll tell you what, though, there *is* a way you can prove
Arnold wrong. Show me that the Soviets didn't have any
tanks *stationed* in Austria. If you know anything about
Soviet doctrine, you know you will not be able to.

As it stands, Schwarzenegger said that *when he crossed
to the Soviet sector* he saw Soviet tanks. There were
40,000 Soviet troops there, and Soviet doctrine was
tank-heavy. Unless you believe in invisible soldiers,
you are ****ing in the wind.

completely, traveled so often in his young childhood from his
British-controlled province into the Soviet controlled area that he somehow
caught a glimpse of something that the people who lived there year-round for
those 7 years never saw..... pretty amazing....particularly when you
consider the economic devastation of Austria after the war, in which
pleasure travel was hardly common.

Funny, I don't remember Schwarzenegger saying it was "pleasure travel."
When I was a kid, I traveled with my uncles when they delivered cattle.
Perhaps you would be more convincing if you didn't insist on pretending
he said things he didn't say. I know it's *so* much harder to claim
a lie when you stick to what he actually said.

If you can produce some evidence from Austrians interviewed in the
former Soviet sector saying that is was common to see Soviet tanks in the
streets, then, and ONLY then, will I consider your post as anything other
than nonsense......

Where did he say "common." I once saw an artillery piece driving
near Ft. Sill in Oklahoma. That doesn't imply that there was a battery
stationed in Okalhoma City. Once again, you would probably be more
convincing if you argued against what he *said* rather than extrapolations
and fantasies about what the Dems *wish* he'd said.

billo