Old 07-09-2004, 03:43 AM
martymonster

I like your thinking Wilson, seems so obvious ... good idea.

Harriett, don't know if you saw it already but there is a device for sale
that works on a similar principle as Roy described i believe. This attaches
to a garden hose, from which water flows backwards through a pipe, away from
the pond creating a vacuum that draws out the pond water/waste. It does drop
the level of the pond a bit:

http://www.muckvac.com/

I got one on ebay for less than $50.
It's not amazing but it does work. Good for silt or small stuff, larger
leaves kind of choke it.
It's much more effective without the the brush attachment.

-mart

"Wilson" wrote in message
. com...

I clean my stepmothers pond with my shop vac which has a side outlet that
can be opened.....I then just put the vac on it's side propped up and I
never have to empty. I couldn't imagine having to shut it off and dumping
it every few seconds.

Dave