Old 07-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Katra

In article ,
"Jay Casey" wrote:

I have a small corner in my back yard where it rarely gets sun light.
When the house was built, it was sodded.
After 2 years, the grass (Bermuda) is dying/dead.
In addition to lack of sun light, the ground has eroded due to rain.
There is no rain gutter above this corner and it gets hammered when it
rains.
There is about an inch or two deep erosion in this area directly below the
roof line.
I am thinking about planting shrubs that can tolerate lack of sun light
and heavy and concentrated rain pounding.
Any suggestions?
I prefer something that grows slowly and would NOT grow more than 3-4 feet.

You will need to re-build the soil there and put in a good creeping
ground cover to prevent additional erosion. Creeping myrtle is a common
commercial property landscaping creeper, and you can try some Hostas in
amoung that as they are a shade loving plant. ;-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...