Old 07-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message

| I meant an avocado, not a pomegranate.

Where? And are you sure that it is Persea americana (i.e. the plant
that gives the fruit sold in shops), and not one of the several
hardier species of Persea?

Note that I am not claiming you are wrong, as it grows perfectly well
in places with winters as cold as London's. I am more than a little
surprised that it has reached maturity, though, as we had some
coldish winters up until a decade ago.

ISTR it was mentioned on GQT or one of the food programmes - certainly
on Rajo4 and IIRC, within the last twelve months.

I can't remember for certain whether it had fruit but ISTR that it did.
BIC(very easily)BW

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/