Old 03-09-2004, 12:54 AM
wendy7

Hoping & praying that you will all be safe and that hurricane Frances
dissipates in a hurry.
From what I saw on the news at 4pm it looks like the whole of the tip
of Florida will be hit!
Take care & will cross my fingers & hold thumbs.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Okey dokey, kids, here we go. Unless this storm does some major
calisthenics, we're going to get whacked.

Storm panels are up here at Frank and Di's. All plants from the lanai
extension are on the (shuttered) patio. Vandas come in tomorrow AM,
after they get watered. Most folks in our area are panelled up, as
are many, if not most, small businesses. I was at Publix
(supermarket) yesterday, and it's amazing what people stock up on!
Bottled water was available. Batteries were available. But the wine
and beer aisle was decimated! Southern priorities, don't ya know.

And we have the first casualty of the storm, right here in the Kulaga
household. I am typing with 8 fingers instead of 10. When Frank put
down the last piece of channel (which holds the storm panels) this
afternoon on the patio, he made a big deal of reminding me that it
was there. After which I promptly tripped over it, sending pots of
herbs flying through the air and terrifying Casper the Wonder Cat. I
looked like a deadly auto accident when I got up, knees skinned,
shins bloody, and my right pinky doing some curly bended kind of
stuff.

We went to the E.R. eventually, since all the private MD's have gone
to ground. After an hour, I was able to determine that it might be 6
more hours before someone might put a splint on my broken paw. We
came home, and Frank taped two of my fingers together and informed me
that I am not permitted to cross that piece of metal again. Oh,
sure, telling me not to do something really works! I went out and
did a back and forth dance on the stupid thing.

By the way, we stopped at the packie on the way home. Wish us all
luck down here in FL.

Diana