Old 07-09-2004, 05:27 AM
Roy

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 03:57:00 GMT, Crashj
wrote:

===On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 02:40:32 -0400, KenCo wrote:
===
===Jim and Phyllis Hurley wrote:
=== Cold water sinks.
===
===the ground is 50-55F at 4-5' depth and thats why
===water pipes are set a 4-5' below ground depending
===on what zone your in.
===his 21' depth is assuring it will never freeze.
===
===Crikeys, mate, where is he going to pile all that dirt?! Should work,
===though; permafrost in Alaska probably isn't that deep.
===;-)
===--
===crashj

Heck that dirt has long since been utilized elsewhere that I removed
form my pond when I dug it...I went deep as I always hated seeing the
typical ponds in this area that are usually only 4 or 5 feet deep,
looking so bad when they start to loose water with evaporation and
rely on rainfall to fill. I went deep for more water, cooler water and
more capacity.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.