Old 07-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Peter Crosland

A gentleman who attended our show complained two days later that the
ink from the stamp used as a pass out on the back of his hand got on
to his shirt and cannot be removed. Does he have any right to make a
claim.from us or should we direct him to the manufacturers of the
stamp.

The stamp manufacturer or supplier have no liability to him. The flower show
organisers may do but it will be very small. At most he is entitled to value
of his second-hand shirt which unless it is something quite exceptional will
be no more than £10 and probably much less. He is not entitled to a new
replacement. Even assuming the organisers had public liability insurance
there would almost certainly be an excess of far more than the value of the
shirt. Offer him a fiver and free entry to next year's show. If you have to
send a letter to him make sure you put the words "Without prejudice" so that
the offer can be withdrawn if he is stupid enought to go to court.

gee six jay en

Replace the words with the numbers to email me