Old 08-09-2004, 01:55 AM
Shell

We have had a few cases of people with honey bees building nests in walls
aand in a cieling. The nests were huge, especially the cieling one where it
was so heavy it made the sheetrock sag about 4 feet down into the room. The
people would find dead bees in the house and honey would drip from it. In
all the cases they called some people who raised bees and they came and took
the bees away. The people were left to clean up the hive. Personally I
can't see why they left it so long it made the cieling sag to the point they
couldn't walk under it. I imagine they had ants too with all that honey
dripping around. It was on the news one night and the pictures of it kind
of stuck in my mind, not to mention the sound of all those bees you could
hear when the news crew were filming the hive.

Shell
(who is allergic to bees)

wrote in message
I have heard of people putting a powered up mower over a wasp nest in the

ground.
I am surprised they didnt use smoke to just encourage the bees to move.
you can use a vacuum cleaner ... put a few moth balls in the paper sack or

dirt
holder OR dont put it in the sack and dump the bees outside.
a friend had a similar experience in her apt right before she moved out.

I really do
wonder about the nest full of honey and the fungus that will start to grow

on the
residue. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/