Old 08-09-2004, 04:16 AM
Cereus-validus

You must be kidding.

Its Hylotelephium (formerly Sedum) 'Autumn Joy', a succulent garden hybrid
widely grown in cultivation.

"Nudest" wrote in message
om...
Hello everyone,

I saw these plants quite emaciated and being suffocated under my lilac
bush 2 years ago. Unaware of what they were I dug them up in 3 clumps
and re-planted them in a vacant space in the garden. Since then they
have thrived. They flower in late summer/early fall and on a warm
sunny day, the bees (of both the bumble and honey persuasions) are
attracted in droves. However the mint is constantly vying for space.

I don't know what this plant is. Neither does my Mom, the
time-honoured gardner that she is. Can anyone help? Area is south
Ontario Canada. Image at:

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Mystery.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Denny