Old 07-09-2004, 07:04 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Then there is always the school of thought, that in winter a little fasting
is good for koi, especially female koi that didn't spawn so they reabsorb
their eggs. I know the goldfish I bring in this year I plan to put on a
fasting month, as I had problems when spring came, they got too big, didn't
have the males or the room to spawn in a 20 gallon aquarium. Lost 2 before
I could get them outside. ~ jan

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:54:52 GMT, "RichToyBox" wrote:

In zone 9 you may have such a short winter that the pond never cools to
below 50 degrees. If that is the case, feed all year. If the fish aren't
hungray, don't feed. They tend to be smarter than we are. If your
temperatures drop to below 50, it should be for a very short time, probably
the end of January, first of February. In my area, Zone 7, the ponds stay
warm enough to feed until about Christmas, and are back up and ready by late
April.

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~