Old 08-09-2004, 09:13 AM
David Hill

Franz asked "Where on earth did this incredibly stupid idea of stamping a
visitor instead of issuing a ticket originate? If the ink is indelible, the
visitor could complain that it can't be removed, and if it is not indelible,
her own sweat could make it stain her clothes ......."

Where have you been all these years Franz?
I remember this being used 40 years ago as a safe way to prevent ticket
passing.
In all these years I have never heard of the ink marking any clothing, it's
normally dry in less than a minute.

All I can think is that there must have been far to much ink on the pad, or
else someone is pulling a fast one. The ink washes off your hand in a couple
of washes
I think I would offer to have the shirt cleaned or just offer to replace it
(Having been given the damaged shirt first ).

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries