Old 08-09-2004, 08:58 AM
BAC

"Ken Richardson" wrote in message
A gentleman who attended our show complained two days later that the ink
from the stamp used as a pass out on the back of his hand got on to his
shirt and cannot be removed. Does he have any right to make a claim.from

us
or should we direct him to the manufacturers of the stamp.
Thanks.

Assuming you arranged insurance, you may find that your policy terms require
you to notify your insurers immediately on becoming aware of circumstances
which may give rise to a claim, even if the likely damages are less than the
policy excess. It might be advisable to contact your insurers, possibly via
your brokers, prior to responding to the complainant, for advice as to how
to proceed, if you have not already done so.

If you did not arrange insurance, you're on your own. The complainant has 'a
right' to seek redress against any one or anybody he considers liable,
regardless of your views on the matter, although that does not necessarily
mean he would be successful in an attempt to pursue a case before the
courts.

If he is only claiming the cost of a new shirt, how does that compare with
the cost of consulting a solicitor, defending a claim, etc?