Old 08-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Dirk Puslich

Thanks everyone for your help so far. Here's an update of where
things are, if you are interested or have any further thoughts:

1) It's now been 3 days (72 hours) since the exterminator left. The
Ficam D was sprayed into the wall on Sunday. On Monday night I posted
my first message after killing several bees.

3) On Tuesday (after 48 hours) I came home from work and found/killed
another 12 or 13 bees. I called the exterminator and asked if this
was normal. He said it could take up 4 days or so for them to go
away. He also said that the hole shouldn't have been plugged (their
mistake) and I should stick a screwdriver into it to make sure they
can get out. I did this but I'm pretty sure it's still clogged with
the Ficam D because the hole is so deep in the wall and he pumped tons
of it in (and they are still coming into my basement)

4) Today (Wednesday) I went home mid afternoon and found 4 in my
dining room, quite healthy (before my newspaper attack), and another 4
in the basement (right below the dining room where the nest is) quite
sickly - floundering around on their backs - presumably from the Ficam
D. I called the exterminator again and asked if this is normal. They
were fairly dismissive and said "Oh, it can take at least a week,
don't worry". Gee thanks.

This really sucks.

I am guessing that the bees that are coming out into my house now are
new "hatchlings". They are almost all smaller workers. I killed two
huge ones before the exterminator came (Queens??? Unfertilized
Queens???)

Anyone have any words of wisdom, or think that the worst is over?

Cheers

(beekeep) wrote in message ...
On 6 Sep 2004 19:42:12 -0700,
(Dirk Puslich)
wrote:

Hello, I am looking for a few answers that I was hopign you could help
me with.

Here are my questions:

1) It's been about 36 hours since the exterminator left. Have I seen
the worst of the bees inside? How long should it take for them to
die?

Bumble bees nests have 30 -40 bees each so it sounds like you have
gotten most of them.

2) Is this a normal exterminator experience? I've spent $150 getting
some dust sprayed in the wall, and have had to contend with a bunch of
angry bees in my house, a ruined long weekend. Did I get the shaft?
What does someone have to do or pay to get something done right?

Any thoughts or suggestions??

P.S. I know bees are very beneficial to the environment and are not
aggressive uless provoked, but like I said I had no choice given that
many were coming into my house, and with a pregant wife plus a curious
dog and cat I had to do something. I hate killing them.

Thanks!