Old 08-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Kay

In article , Janet Baraclough.
.. writes
The message
from "Ken Richardson" contains these words:

A gentleman who attended our show complained two days later that the ink
from the stamp used as a pass out on the back of his hand got on to his
shirt and cannot be removed. Does he have any right to make a claim.from us
or should we direct him to the manufacturers of the stamp.

Is he claiming the stamp hit his hand, or the shirt?

If the gateperson stamped his hand, surely it was the complainant's
own responsibility to keep an ink mark which he knew was there, away
from his clothing?

I don't buy that one! Someone tells me that if I want to enter a show, I
am going to have an ink stamp, which I don't want, on my hand. And then
I have to worry for the next several hours about keeping my hand away
from my clothing?

If someone is going to insist I have my hand stamped, I reckon they also
have a duty to make sure a) that it is washable and I don't have to wear
the mark for days to come b) that it isn't going to cause permanent
damage to anything it comes in contact with, such as clothing.

--
Kay