Old 08-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Rod

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 13:57:08 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

I used to have a small, light chain saw. The chain had a habit of
coming off in use. When the damn thing came flying past my ear and
nicked a piece off it, I decided that it was perhaps not a good thing
to go on using it, so I threw it away.

That isn't really an issue with modern saws. They all have chain
catchers - and they work, no excitement any more when the chain comes
off. It rarely happens anyway if the chain is correctly tensioned.
Still worth keeping all parts of yourself clear of the back of the saw
while using it.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.