Old 09-09-2004, 04:48 AM
Dandelion Acres

I found it. A small hole had developed in the head gasket along side the
gallery that the push rods pass. Easy fix.

Thanks for the input.

"Dandelion Acres" wrote in message
It's a 1-jug 16hp verticle shaft on a Wheelhorse. Blew white smoke twice,
sputtered and then kept running normal. Now chokes black smoke and fouling
the plug. A mechanic said something about a seal accessible from the
bottom, so I pulled the engine and saw no sign of leaking on the shaft
seal,
and the oil pump/filter O-ring looks good.

Any ideas? I've good compression and the carb appears to work fine. This
came on suddenly.