Old 09-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Bill Oliver

In article PEL%c.149326$Fg5.100460@attbi_s53,
Pam - gardengal wrote:

If you use the buffalo grass, you will still need to maintain it like other
turf grasses to get the "lawn" effect.

http://www.easywildflowers.com/quality/buc.dacty.htm

The other thing to think about is how much traffic most of the lawn
actually gets. I'm in the process of replacing a large lawn
the previous owners of my house maintained. I am planting it
with natural plants, mulched garden, and alternative groundcover.
I am not raising a soccer team, and most of the the actual tread
wear on most of the lawn occurs when I cut it. I can easily and
safely replace most of the grass with groundcover that is not
extremely tolerant of foot traffic, but can handle it on an
occasional basis.

billo