Old 09-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Peter Crosland

Neither I, nor anyone else involved in the
discussion, has made any claim to have a formal legal qualification.
That does not mean to say that none of us are ignorant of the law.

And you still fail to give your qualifications or the name of the
legal firm for which you work as a lawyer.

Have you actually read the paragraph above? It does not appear so!

I quote

"Neither I, nor anyone else involved in the discussion, has made any claim
to have a formal legal qualification."

I have never claimed to have any major legal qualification though I do have
some forty years experience of dealing with a wide variety of legal problems
all but one of which I have been able to resolve successfully without
recourse to professional help. That includes two legal actions against the
Inland Revenue and a private prosecution for careless driving against
someone. In all the other cases it was possible to resolve matters
informally. Just for the record I did study law to A level and HNC level but
I don't claim to know it all, but the matter under discussion really is so
trivial that it should not even be considered as matter for litigation.
Don't take my word for it but almost any lawyer will tell that litigation
should be the very last resort. Unfortunately the common attitude to day is
sue first and consider later.

It seems to be entirely a product of your imagination that any of the people
who reply have are practicing lawyers. You make the assumption that only
those in legal practice or with a formal legal qualifications have any
knowledge of the law. If you go to the CAB you will almost certainly be
advised in the first instance by someone who does not have a formal legal
qualification but you are quite happy to recommend people go their.
Furthermore you had the effrontery to pour scorn on other people's advice
even before it had been given. I don't seem to remember you querying the
credentials of the many people giving advice on gardening. That seems
somewhat bigoted and hypocritical to me.