Old 09-09-2004, 02:50 PM
Phil L

Kay wrote:
:: In article , Janet
:: Baraclough. . writes
::: The message
::: from "Ken Richardson" contains
::: these words:
:::
:::: A gentleman who attended our show complained two days later
:::: that the ink from the stamp used as a pass out on the back of
:::: his hand got on to his shirt and cannot be removed. Does he have
:::: any right to make a claim.from us or should we direct him to the
:::: manufacturers of the stamp.
:::
::: Is he claiming the stamp hit his hand, or the shirt?
:::
::: If the gateperson stamped his hand, surely it was the
::: complainant's
::: own responsibility to keep an ink mark which he knew was there,
::: away
::: from his clothing?
:::
:: I don't buy that one! Someone tells me that if I want to enter a
:: show, I am going to have an ink stamp, which I don't want, on my
:: hand. And then I have to worry for the next several hours about
:: keeping my hand away from my clothing?
::
Not at all, if you don't want an ink stamp on your hand, then you are
perfectly able to walk away without one, it *was* *not* forced on him - he
accepted it and then *he* got the ink onto his own shirt.

:: If someone is going to insist I have my hand stamped, I reckon
:: they also have a duty to make sure a) that it is washable and I
:: don't have to wear the mark for days to come b) that it isn't
:: going to cause permanent damage to anything it comes in contact
:: with, such as clothing.

Or you could choose not to have the stamp in the first place?
- If you did *choose* to have the ink stamped onto your hand, you have then
accepted responsibility for that ink...how far can this idiotic compensation
culture go? - MacDonalds now have to have 'caution! contents may be hot'
stamped on their apple pies to prevent the permanently baffled from
thrusting molten apples down their throats!!! - 99.9% of people know it's
hot, as do the other 0.01%, but if it wasn't explained to them, they would
put in a claim for 'tongue trauma' - it's pathetic.