Old 05-02-2003, 03:14 PM
Dan D.

Default How to fertilise waterlilies?

"YSL" wrote in message
I get it that people using closed bottom pots for lilies, but how to seal
the top then? Is there any way? Like place pebbles on top? They won't stop
fertiliser leaking back to water. Thanks a lot.

I plant my parrots feather in a pot of pea gravel.
It's just an anchor point.
I plant my irus and lizzards tail bare root.
I just simply set them on a plant shelf and place
bricks around them to hold them up. They seem to get plenty
of nutrients out of the water and grow pretty well.
I have to yank them out and divide at least once a year
but twice would be better.

I plant my water lilies in dishpans as I said earlier.
I use cheap plant food sticks and cover the top with 2 inch
smooth river rock to keep the fishies from digging in the dirt.
Dish pans don't tip over!

Peace!
Dan D. Louisville KY good ole USA
http://ky-dan.com