Old 09-09-2004, 05:18 PM
JJ

dps wrote:

If you don't get winter, you're probably OK. Otherwise, you might have
to consider that the trap in the toilet will hold water and thereby be
susceptible to cracking the ceramic when you get freezing temperatures.

Also, most plants' roots require air as well as water, so they need some
drainage in their pots.

Winters are very mild here.

Thanks for mentioning the trap. Maybe this is my chance to try out
one of my ceramic/glass drills. Or what if I just puddled some strong
acid to eat out the bottom of the trap. Actually this makes me
wonder what would happen if I etched away the hard smooth outer layer.

Would I then have something like a Chia toilet?

Thanks!

Jay

JJ wrote:

...Near Vegas, zone 9ish