Old 07-09-2004, 03:27 AM
Gary Woods

Robert La Ferla
wrote:

I would like to grow wild Concord grapes. I live in Massachusetts.
Where can I find info on how to grow them? How long does it take? Do I
start from seed? When do I start? I have seen some grapes in the wild
in other cities. Can I start from a clipping?

Concord is descended, I don't know the exact route, from the little wild
"frost grapes," but I can recall a huge curtain of rather nice concords
growing wild in South Hamilton, on the noath shoah of MA. I'm sure you can
grow them from cuttings; take year-old wood 3 buds long or so and stick in
the ground in the spring. You can get more scientific than that, but a
good percentage should take root.