Old 09-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Rob Halgren

Clanorchid wrote:

Down here, Florida North Central (FNC) we select slides from FNC awarded plants
for the year and submit them to the Trustees' meeting for all the national
awards, such as Butterworth, Nax, etc. The FCCs are sent to AOS for publication
in the magazine edition which shows all FCCs, awarded by the AOS for the year.

That is pretty much the same procedure we use, where we select our
center's candidates for the various awards. Assuming we ever give an
FCC, however, we don't actually have to select it, it is sent for
consideration by default. I guess that isn't quite the same as automatic...

Last year 2003, FNC awarded 6 FCCs, I was on the team for four of them. 20
years of Judging, never close, then 4 FCCs in three months, the more amazing 2
at the same judging session. Incredible flowers.

Wow. That sounds fun. I'd like to see a few FCCs in my lifetime.
Of course I'd rather be receiving the FCC than judging it, but I'll take
either one.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )