Old 09-09-2004, 05:11 AM
Dances With Ferrets

You may wanna look up appropriate methods of cleaning the plants
before taking them home.... You may be transferring untold amounts of
parasites, bacteria, diseases and other pollutants into your
pond/aquarium... what good is $90 worth of free plants if it kills
$500 worth of fish? On top of that, it is illegal to uproot,
transplant, or transfer aquatic plants of any sort in some states.
Depending on the state laws, you can be heavily-fined, or in the worst
case, have your whole boat and/or vehicle taken away, even if you have
a land-owner's permission. I'm not trying to spew tirades from a
soapbox here, I've been known to do some of my own collecting as
well... but I'd encourage you to research what you might be getting
into.