Old 09-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Roy

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 05:37:10 -0500, "Jim and Phyllis Hurley"
wrote:

===Nice find.
===
===I infer you live in Alabama. If it is like Mississippi, there will be no
===rules about collecting plants. Our pond is stocked with 'local' lillies,
===cattails, duckweed and hyacinth. No diseases that we have noticed.
===
===Jim

Yep your right , Alabama, and while there is laws governing the
collection of fauna of any type, this is private land and is not under
control of the laws.

While I can't say with certainlty, I doubt there is any problems with
these plants, but I am going to quarrantine them for a while before I
do anything with them........stil looking for ways to sterilize them,
and about all I found so far is to use potassium permanganate, poured
into the water until it turns purple, which I would have to order if
thats the method to use. Right now they are still in various kiddie
pools, after being washed and trimed up, along with a couple of el
cheapo 12 cent feeder goldfish, which so far are doing just
fine.......although thats not a given.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.