Old 09-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Sacha

On 9/9/04 14:44, in article ,
"BAC" wrote:

snip

However, I haven't noticed anybody offering legal advice in this case,
merely practical observations on how to deal with circumstances which might
give rise to a claim for compensation.

Admission of responsibility has been suggested and that is possibly not a
wise route to follow, bearing future such shows in mind, because this might
not be a one off. That is why CAB or a lawyer could give a simple answer,
putting the matter to rest, once and for all and I really cannot see why
that idea is so hurtful to all the 'would-be' lawyers that flock to these
queries.
At present, this is a small and insignificant claim but if the claimant
isn't genuine but is 'trying it on' and succeeds and tells others of his ilk
that he has succeeded, then future years could see an increase in those
making such claims. And that would be to the detriment of the organisers of
the show, especially if they have to then use their public liability
insurance. That is why I suggested the very simple idea of contacting a
body qualified to give a simple but definitive answer, rather than relying
on a gardening group to provide it.
We have to carry large public liability insurance here as do others, I'm
sure. But if I wanted advice on how to use it/not use it/avoid future
occurrences, I probably wouldn't seek it here.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk