Old 09-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Peter Crosland

How strange, I have personal experience of being awarded
costs/expenses following a small claims court case which I 'won'. The
judge asked me if I wished to claim any, it wasn't my idea. I know
small claims court cases are not normally covered by the local press,
but they can still publish the outcome if it is brought to their
attention by a successful party wishing to twist the knife, and if
the story strikes them as interesting.

As for doing some research myself, that is exactly what I was doing,
researching what you meant by your 'improbable' remark, from the only
source able to shed light on it, i.e. you.

Take a look here for a detailed explanation of when costs may be allowed.
Note the this is discretionary not mandatory in many cases. The site also
gives a very useful explanation about small claims.