Old 09-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Robert

Phil L wrote:
: I have access to an unlimited supply of well rotted horse dung, a
: local farmer who has stables has said I can take as much as I want.
: I'm a bit wary, as I've read on here that it will probably contain
: all kinds of seeds etc..my questions are these:
: Is there any way of de-seeding it prior to use - any storage or
: treatments I can give it?
: I can get the stuff from the botom of the pile, which has been there
: for years, will this make any difference?...obviously I don't want to
: create work...is it suitable for all types of plants? - flowers? veg?
: hanging baskets?
: It contains a lot of wood shavings which was the horses' bedding,
: will this do any harm? - it has rotted down along with the dung.
:
:
: TIA

I would just grab as much as I could, you can always pull out the weeds or
if you're really bothered, compost it first