Old 10-09-2004, 09:26 AM
BAC

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message

How strange, I have personal experience of being awarded
costs/expenses following a small claims court case which I 'won'. The
judge asked me if I wished to claim any, it wasn't my idea. I know
small claims court cases are not normally covered by the local press,
but they can still publish the outcome if it is brought to their
attention by a successful party wishing to twist the knife, and if
the story strikes them as interesting.

As for doing some research myself, that is exactly what I was doing,
researching what you meant by your 'improbable' remark, from the only
source able to shed light on it, i.e. you.

Take a look here for a detailed explanation of when costs may be allowed.
Note the this is discretionary not mandatory in many cases. The site also
gives a very useful explanation about small claims.

Did I say it was mandatory? No, I didn't, I said it was one of the things to
be taken into account in deciding whether or not to settle the case,
balanced against the cost of giving the guy some 'bugger off' money.