Old 10-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 10/9/04 9:03, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha wrote:
I'm currently reading a book in which a 'flamboyant tree' is mentioned

(as a
name, not a description) and bush tea. Please can anyone tell me what
either of these are?

Poinciana regia. I did once hear the latter, but have forgotten.

Thanks, Nick. I did a Google image search on it and it's a gorgeous thing
and well named in terms of flamboyance!
The only think I can think of tea wise is Rootbusch tea (sp?) which I saw

in
South Africa and which is now very popular here. The book(s) are set in
Botswana so I imagine the same kind of plant would be used for tea there.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

What about Leptospermum? they sometimes get called tea bushes or trees down
here (don't ask me why as they look nothing like a camellia!)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk