Old 10-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Pam Moore writes:
| On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:42:41 +0100, Sacha
| wrote:
|
| Thanks, Pam. I thought that was bush tea but Nick thinks not. Any day now,
| I'll have to write to the author! The books are The First Ladies Detective
| Agency, BTW. Enchanting!
|
| I will check with my SA friend tonight. I think it was she who
| mentioned those books to me.

Ah. The reference I saw was to Kenya, so there is no guarantee
it is the same plant.

Also, a quick search indicates that I may have got confused.
Hibiscus sabdariffa is certainly rozelle, and is certainly
drunk as an infusion, but DOESN'T seem to be rooibos. I.e.
the bush tea you are referring to may well be rooibos, which
is Aspalathus Linearis. See:

http://members.tripod.com/~Meerkat_2/erooibos.html

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.