Old 10-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Priscilla H Ballou

Toby quoth:
Can blossom end rot appear in different forms? My tomatoes that I know
have blossom end rot look very different from what Im talking about.
The rotton part is black and firm and irregular shaped and not too big
but with these tomatoes there are one or more soft round spots that
stay green and then go lightish gray with little brown dots in them
and the tomatoes go all bad and start to drop off before they ripen.

I don't know. Mine appear to start as a regular old rotten spot, but on
the blossom end, and the spot ends up black and maybe moldy. My rule of
thumb is: if it's rot, and it's on the blossom end, it's blossom end rot.
;-)

Priscilla