Old 10-09-2004, 08:06 PM

Default Slug Or Giant Catterpillar ?

Hello,

I noticed a horrible "thing" in the garden today and wondered if someone
could identify it from the following description.

This "thing" was moving on top of the soil, was about 3.5 inches long and
the thickness of a mans little finger. Brown and black in colour and moved
like a caterpillar but looks like a cross between a slug and a
caterpillar.Thought I saw several feet but this could be my imagination
working overtime.!

I attacked this "thing" with a fork and split it in two, not a pretty sight,
put down some slug pellets not knowing what else to try in the hopes they
would finish "it" off.

Anyone any ideas ?
Thanks.