Old 10-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:
"Andy Hunt" wrote:

I have some coming up in one of my tyre pots, and I believe they're
edible.

Does anyone know how to cook/prepare them at all?

IF they're the same ones that grow in the U.S., just sautee briefly in a
little olive oil, garlic/onions to taste. They don't keep long, going inky
and mushy quickly.

And don't drink alcohol when eating them. Seriously.

Perfectly OK to drink alcohol with *SHAGGY* ink caps. Just don't try it
with the common ink cap, Coprinus atramantarius.

Very difficult to confuse C altramantarius with the shaggy ink cap, the
former being smooth, brownish and much fatter.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/