Old 11-09-2004, 08:56 AM
Bill

Default Care of Elm Tree

Hi, I have an American Elm which I understand to be an endangered
tree due to Dutch Elm Disease. It needs to be pruned? as branches are
leaning onto my roof. I am thinking that it is probably best to prune
as little as possible but several people have suggested pruning much
more because it will grow. It appears that I need a professional to
do this job. The pruning will be done 70+ ft high. What should I be
looking for in the pruner? Are there licenses or professional
affiliations? Also are there specific questions to ask or best
timetable to follow? I would not be happy with myself if my actions
caused the demise of this tree.