Old 10-09-2004, 07:43 AM
The Watcher

On 9 Sep 2004 16:39:44 -0700, (Lost) wrote:

Hello all. I have a question I hope you can answer. In my garden I
have jalpeno, habenero, and cayenne pepper plants. They have been
producing for a month or two now, and I was just wondering if it is
possible to take some cuttings from these to keep indoors for the
winter(or did I have to do this before flowering? If so, what do I
have to do to keep them alive? Will they have to be kept on a certain
light schedule to keep producing, or can I get them back into a
vegetative state(what I want to do) until next spring?

Thank you for your time, and I greatly appreciate any advice!

You could just dig up the whole plant and bring it in for the winter.
I have a chiltepin pepper plant that I've been doing that with for
about 6 years now. It doesn't produce in the winter, but it does
survive, and gets right back into production in the spring as soon as
I move it back outside.