Old 11-09-2004, 07:05 AM
Tim

I had a problem when the horse owner mized some chicken sweepings and corn
feed in with horse stuff. I had a great crop of wheat in the spring, but it
weeded out ok. just a bit tedious

Phil L wrote in message
I have access to an unlimited supply of well rotted horse dung, a local
farmer who has stables has said I can take as much as I want.
I'm a bit wary, as I've read on here that it will probably contain all

kinds
of seeds etc..my questions are these:
Is there any way of de-seeding it prior to use - any storage or treatments

can give it?
I can get the stuff from the botom of the pile, which has been there for
years, will this make any difference?...obviously I don't want to create
work...is it suitable for all types of plants? - flowers? veg? hanging
baskets?
It contains a lot of wood shavings which was the horses' bedding, will

this
do any harm? - it has rotted down along with the dung.

TIA