Old 11-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Basia Kulesz

Użytkownik "Kay" napisał w wiadomości
| In article , Basia Kulesz
| writes

| If I remember rightly, the fruit must be frozen or dried before it
becomes
| edible to us humans:-)
|
| That seems strange. Rowan berries aren't poisonous, and making rowan
| jelly involves boiling, but not freezing or drying.

Not poisonous, just bitter - freezing or drying changes the taste a little.
I haven't tried boiling.

| I found it like a rather strong marmalade - OK, but I prefer crab or
| medlar which are much milder.

I once tried to make aronia jam and juice and it was simply awful (acrid and
tangy). Marmalade made from apples and aronia, equal quantities taken, was
just great, to say nothing of the colour:-)

Regards, B.