Old 11-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Spider

Hans van Dijk wrote in message
om...
Dear gardenlovers,

What is your favorite publication about gardening? What helps you to keep
your garden in good shape? What information do you lack? What is

new/trendy
in gardening? All rocks and tiles and a few borders with plants and

flowers,
or an eco garden? What makes you tick in gardening?

We are a group of students in Holland interested in ways to fill gaps in
information about gardening.

Green greetings:

Hans van Dijk

Hello Hans,

My favourite publication is "Planting Companions" by Jill Billington (Publ.
Ryland Peters & Small) (ISBN: 1 84172 010 0) (Price £14.99)

I help to keep my garden in shape with pure hard work, not being a
fairweather gardener and being self-critical. Mulching lends a hand.

New/trendy? I've never followed fashion, so it's hard to say. Limited use
of plants seem to be trendy, but that's not gardening to me. However, I do
perceive wildlife gardening to be close to the front line of 'fashion'.
It's sad that it takes fashion to put it there, but I hope it's here to
stay. Organic gardening is here, but not yet fashionable.

What makes me tick in gardening? Planning for wildlife, hearing the buzz
of wildlife, just being 'out there', encouraging and helping new gardeners.

Hope this helps, Hans. It would be really interesting to hear the results
of your survey.
Regards,
Spider