Old 11-09-2004, 01:48 PM
HA HA Budys Here

Frank's Nursery goes bankrupt:
http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/08/news/midcaps/franks/

"Frank's Nursery & Crafts, Inc. announced Wednesday that it
filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, due to a steady
decline in customers, unfavorable weather and general
economic weakness."
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

For pictures of my garden flowers visit
http://members.iglou.com/brosen

Filing for bankrupcy seems to be a standard, business-as-usual tactic these
days. Often it doesn't affect the customer in the least as the company
re-structures itself.

Even if the chain closes, I can look upon much of my landscape - the 12' - 16'
tall blue spruces (4 for 20.00 in 1986) the cherry (20' tall) and the weeping
cherry trees 15-20' tall, 9.99 - 19.99 in 1988) and a variety of assorted
shrubs, conifers, (4 or 5 for 25.00 in 1987- 1992) mass plantings of
stargazers, black-eyed susans and ornamental grasses and revel in the fact that
Frank's Nursery and Crafts (once called Flower-Time here on Long Island) shall
live on forever in my gardens, as many of the hard-wood plants still bear the
original, legible "Flower-Time" tag.