Old 06-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Frances and AOS HQ

I have heard about AOS HQ's survival during Frances.

The Building is intact with only minor damage. The contents seem
fine. The gh lost the ridge vents, but no other glass. The
problem is lack of power (fans, water, etc) controls.

The gardens lost about a quarter of the trees, not the live oaks.
Most of the damage is from broken branches and things (mounts)
torn out of the trees. The Hut is OK.

They will be closed at least a week for cleanup. No phones,
computers, or other communication.

Now we can only hope our members that got hit come out with only
clean up necessary. I guess we can not expect Kenny, Diana, and
others to pop up very soon.

SuE