Old 05-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Roy

Default Update on Petsmart preplanted aquatic plants

Well out of a bunch of packs of these plants I had two that actually
grew........One was a miniature cat taial and the other was an Iris
(Black gamecock variety). The iris packs were supposed to have two
bulbs in each. In all the other packs of preplanted bulbs, some (most)
never had the first sign of any bulb in them to start with, just
planting material and no signs of rotted bullbs period, and the o nes
with bulbs that fialed to grow were rotted and mushy, mostlikely that
way when planted from shippment and storage and handling in the
sotres etc. I planted them all the day after I bought them which was
well over a month ago, so today I am carrying them all back to
Petsmart and get their take on it. I know they were not all that
expensive but its pretty bad percentage especially if one was to pay
the original retail price. I could understand the failure of a bulb to
grow, but the failure to even have any bulbs or the correct amount in
a package is not right.Then again what would you expect for something
grown and cultivated and packaged in China as these all are......

The bulbs of aponogens(sp?) and the miniature water lillies I bought
from Wal MArt in the pet dept in a blister pack, well all but two
aponogen bulbs are alive and well, and all lilly bulbs are growing.

The aponogen got quite large some over 18 or more inches in length
with lots of white flowers and nice bushy leaves, which look pretty
good under the water.

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.