Old 06-09-2004, 04:38 PM
Dave and Miss

Hey Dave...I too have a stone path leading from patio to pond (
http://photos.yahoo.com/jeepin9557 ) and have had no luck with moss growing
between the stepping stones since my path is in full sun. I tried many
different types of "stepables" and the wooly thyme and creeping thyme have
done well in full sun. However, if you have a shady path, you may have more
luck than I with moss. Here is a good link to a site pertaining to moss
http://www.mossacres.com/moss/ Good luck.......Dave
"Wilson" wrote in message
m...

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Hi Dave,
Some of your questions' answers will be better answered if we knew what

area of
the country you live in and what your garden zone is.

Here in zone 7, SE WA, arid, I'd plant moss in the spring and I use

water
hyacinth in my veggie filter and watercress in my waterfall.
Some plants are actively discouraged and outright illegal in some parts

of
the
country (SE USA and water hyacinth come to mind).
In the winter I don't heat my pond. I usually use an air pump and

bubbler
keep a hole open in the ice or a stock tank heater.

kathy :-)
algae primer

Thanks Kathy.....I live in central Missouri whatever zone that is

Dave