Old 08-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Myrmecodia

(Aaron Hicks) wrote in message ...
For higher output, you'll need something like VHO (very high
output) tubes, with correspondingly higher heat and light output, and
higher power bills. They're also more expensive to buy, but are better for
growing stuff like cattleyas. I think there's another power group in there
somewhere I'm missing. There are simply too many types to keep good track
of these days.

Power compacts? See
http://www.ahsupply.com. They are wonderful for
planted aquaria, and I expect they would be very useful in smaller
light gardens and wardian cases where 48" tubes won't fit.

Technologically, aquatic plant hobbyists always seem to be a couple of
years ahead of dirt plant and orchid growers, probably because their
plants are completely dependent on artificial light. Check any of the
various aquatic plant lists or newsgroups for further info on the
latest lighting fads.

Nick